Believe it or not, using video blogging (or vlogging) can be really helpful when you are trying to be different and get people’s attention. Writing posts will be always done but as technology advances it gives us cheaper and easier ways to make video blogs and we should take advantage of that. Although the written content has nothing to do with video, if you keep on reading you will find out how vlogging can be helpful from a search engine marketing perspective.
Here are the 5 reasons why you should consider video blogging:
- It’s more personal – Video blogging has that huge advantage over written blogs – it is personal. People looking at your videos can not only relate to you but they feel that whatever you are talking about. That way you can even show your passion and express yourself better instead of just using the caps lock (which most of the times is considered equal to yelling at people).
- Random thoughts – Vlogging allows you to express yourself even if you don’t have a certain topic in mind. You can just stand there and talk to people about different things and they will understand you better than if you just write all that down.
- Search engine marketing – This is a great way to improve your SEO skills. The future is coming and many people are waiting for Google to think of an even better way to incorporate videos in the search results. However, even nowadays this works nicely, so if you think that vlogging is a waste of time from a SEO perspective, you are horribly wrong.
- Presentations – Improving your presentation skills is also a part of video blogging. As you stand in front of the camera more and more, you will eventually get much better at it. That means you will get better at talking in front of big groups and you will improve your presentation skills significantly.
- Demonstration – Using your video to demonstrate something is way easier than try to explain it in plain text. If you are not very good at explaining it is kind of pointless to try make people understand what you are talking about. This is where you can use videos to show people what you are talking about straight away. That is definitely the quicker, easier and more effective way to express your thoughts.
Video blogging is growing bigger every day and whether you like it or not it is the future. A couple of years from now, it will be impossible to imagine a world without videos (how to guides, reviews of movies and music, expressing thoughts etc.). Vlogging is a big part of the future of the organic search marketing (Do you know that the Danish term is organisk search marketing?) and we should accept that and use it to our advantage.
About Guest Author:
Lyuben Georgiev is working for one of the largest search marketing agencies in Europe. Also he is sharing his knowledge with people on various blogs.