Are you still starting out with your small business? Do you have anything in mind as a means of advertising your business? If you answered yes to these questions, you might want to try social media marketing for a change.
TV, radio, and print ads’ hay days have gone by. The “in” thing right now is internet marketing particularly the social media marketing. Why? The reason is that most people are glued to their computer or hand held devices that have access to the internet.
You can now send your message across through social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. Don’t worry if you don’t know this technology yet. This article has some tips that can help you.
- Try this marketing strategy first before hiring a professional to do the job for you: Research about what you can or cannot do so you can learn a thing or two about social media marketing. Give yourself about two hours each day to learn the ropes of this strategy. Pair your reading with practice until you fully get it.
- Expensive or top-of-the-line gadgets are not necessary: Your trustworthy point and shoot camera or mobile phone camera is enough to capture photos or videos. The important thing is that your material is comprehensible and clever enough to attract customers.
- Focus on just a few yet reliable sites: You don’t need to have an account on every social media site. A few will do as long as those sites are effective and more accessible to many people. Doing this will also help you concentrate on the sites. For that, you can answer to your clients’ queries and interact with them.
- Track your effort: You can have your clients answer a survey or even directly ask them where they heard about your business. This is a fast and easy way to track your effort. Plus, this will give you a chance to directly talk to your customers.
In addition to that, you can shift your focus to the sites that help you bring in more customers. This will save you much time in going from one site to another. Apart from that, you will have more time to handle accounts on the efficient sites.
- Set up a “media marketing” time: Allocate time for your marketing strategy. Stick to your schedule. Doing this will help you become more productive in your work as you have a target time to do everything you need to do for this particular time. As soon as your time is up, you can relax so you can freshen up for next day. You can use an alarm clock or free timer software you can install in your computer.
Social media marketing is an evolving marketing strategy that has already proven its efficacy. Maybe it is time that you involve yourself in this technique to give your small business a better chance in surviving. Take note of these tricks and try to ease into them.
Good luck! I hope the tips will work for you too.