Dreamweaver remains the predominant web development application, a fact that is underscored by the extensive number of extensions that are available. These now cover pretty much every single subject a user could need and are produced by a worldwide community of developers.
The only issue that these users may face is the sheer volume of options available. Therefore the need for a list of the most useful Dreamweaver extensions should prove useful for anyone new to the application, or for current users looking to explore further.
- Arguably the most useful (and used) extension for Dreamweaver needs to harness the power of Google to create the ultimate web experience. To this end, Dreamweaver Tools for Google 2 should be one of the first stops for anyone looking to expand the application’s usefulness. This suite includes tools that help the user expand their web experience without the need for code; Google Search which allows users of a site to use the search engine from within the site (even with the option to exclude adult material from the results); and Google Checkout. Like many extensions, it is free and will benefit many users.
- Wanting to bring some color into your online life? Then the Adobe Kuler Extension may be exactly what you’re looking for. The extension allows users to access Adobe Kuler palettes directly from the website and then create color themes to complement any web page or site.
- For users who want to keep on top of the blosphere, the WordPress Extension TAGStention is a really useful tool. Essentially, it is an extension that creates a toolbar that is added to Dreamweaver and can be inserted wherever appropriate. It is a great way to help users keep up-to-date with everything happening on their own blogs and the blogs they follow.
- YouTubizer is a brilliantly useful way to embed YouTube videos into a site. Users can also look up videos from within your site as well as keeping on top of all the videos that you have posted on YouTube.
- If you want to take payments on your site, perhaps the quickest and easiest way (for both your customers and yourself) is to utilize all that PayPal has to offer. The best way to do this is to take advantage of one of the most useful Dreamweaver extensions for e-commerce: PayPal eCommerce Toolkit. This extension allows users to pay for your products/services quickly and efficiently. The extension makes selling easy, affordable and secure.
- Communication has moved on massively in recent years and the best sites reflect this. If you want to make the most of everything Skype can offer then the Communication Toolkit for Skype should definitely be considered. The extension places a “Call Me” button on the website that helps users make Skype calls. It can include built in status indicators so users can keep on top of when they are online.
- For anyone wanting an alternative to Google when it comes to offering a search engine, then a great extension to consider is Atomz Search Engine. A free search tool for websites, the extension puts powerful searching at users’ fingertips.
- Users who want to make the most of AIR should look no further than the Adobe AIR Extension that allows them to directly preview AIR files. It is especially useful for those who want the ability to build Internet applications directly from the desktop.
Dreamweaver extensions can add a whole new dimension to a website and can help the site move from the ordinary to the extraordinary and in turn increase visitor numbers.
About Guest Author:
Kevin Harris is a freelance writer for Adobe. Adobe software, such as multimedia software, and services revolutionize how the world engages with ideas and information; anytime, anywhere, and through any medium. They also offer many other products like a digital picture editor.