You are working as freelancer and handling different clients at the same time. What are the main things that irritate you and force you not work with a particular client? There might be many, but some things can never be compromised. A client might be willing to spend generously, but money is not always the major issue.
Don’t Follow, But Give Suggestions
Your client will always be demanding, but it’s doesn’t mean you produce and give as per his/her expectations. You have professional expertise; you can ask for good things or can suggest some good things. You can better analyze what market is all about and how you can come up with best results. Incorporate main goals of his business into the action plan.
Give Value To Your Time – Free Services Are Not Good
Your time should be of great value for you and also for your client. If you are doing keyword search on your own or doing the competitive analysis without charging your client, you might be at the wrong track. Do the business with your client and don’t let him demand extra work other than contracted from you. If you have to do the necessary research then, do frankly tell them at the time of negotiations. It will lower the chances of any bad happening at some later stage. Your paybacks shouldn’t be lower than the investment in terms of tears and sweat.
Bad SEO Client May Have The Following Characteristics:
- He will talk too much about other material relevant to SEO or about other books and blogs whenever they will communicate with you.
- He/she will insist on using attention grabbing designs that can make the user’s experience worst.
- Timeline given for project completion isn’t realistic and expectations are beyond fulfillment.
- Your rates will be determined at lowest because they may argue that many software are available to support the process of SEO. ClickBank provides that at just $97 to facilitate any kind of SEO.
- They may ask you to do keyword research, but then they may think about some more things that show their perception of search engine optimization.
Search engine optimization is a vast field, but it needs extensive care to make a website climbing high at major search engines. Your clients might have higher demands, but it doesn’t mean you go for each and everyone. It would harm your professional career if you try to fulfill each of their demand without understanding its impact over search engine optimization efforts.
For your own knowledge, you can explore best ways to make SEO successful for your clients. Internet is full of useful information regarding best strategies and best tools of search engine optimization. After getting useful knowledge, it’s time to implement that without getting worried about client demands. Beware of your rights and your concerns and communicate those clearly with your client in advance. It will help you in removing any hurdles at some later stage and will also help you in building a professional image of yours.
About guest Author:
Aimee Sparker is an online marketer and a writer with 5 year expertise; specialized in web design & development, internet marketing, health & beauty. At this time, I am working for a health center; Nationwide Synergy Inc provides hormone deficiency treatments.