Social media has taken the business world by storm. It has become an essential part of most every business today. It is important for keeping your current clients, reaching out to new clients, and business networking. To be successful in the business world, you must be relevant and up-to-date with social media, and your business card is a great place to start.
While business has progressed, the traditional business card has held strong. Businesses now have Facebook pages, Twitter accounts, websites, Instagram accounts, blogs and email addresses. Even with all of these new ways to connect to customers though, business cards are still an imperative part of business. One great trick is to connect the two.
Your business card should have your contact information, your company logo, something to make you stand out, and any important information you want the client to take home with them. In addition, business cards must include ways to connect with you on social media.
Ways to Include Social Media on Your Business Card
• Web address – The physical address of your company is not always necessary on a business card. It takes up prime real estate on the card and will hardly ever get used. Your web address, on the other hand, is the address you definitely want to include. This way, clients can access information about your company at any time. A web address makes it possible for them to learn more about your company and products at their leisure.
• Facebook page – If your company has a Facebook page, which it should, include it on your card. Almost everyone has a Facebook page. People are already spending time on Facebook every day of the week. If you can get them to ‘like’ your page, you can make your way into their lives.
• Twitter – Like Facebook, Twitter is somewhere people are already visiting. If you can get potential clients to follow you, they can get to know your company on a more personal, daily basis. They will connect with you easier if your name is one they see time and time again.
• QR Code – A QR Code, or a Quick Response Code, is a barcode you can add to your business card. Smartphone users can download an app that allows these barcodes to be scanned through their phones. When scanned, this code immediately links clients to your website. This is a great form of advertising.
Benefits of Social Media
It is no secret that social media has many benefits for businesses. It has become such a huge part of business and has brought a lot of success to many businesses. If you have avoided a social media presence for your business, it is time to make yourself known. The benefit list is long, but here are a few of the biggest benefits of using social media in your business:
• You can easily network both in and out of your industry
• Connect instantly with others all around the globe
• 24 hour access
• Low cost form of marketing
• Access anywhere with Internet access
• Open doors to international business